1 galsweet tea to soak chicken in over night in a covered dish.
8 sliceshould be pieces of mixed chicken. 2 of each(breast, wing, leg and thigh)
3 largeeggs beaten
1/4 cwhole milk
2 cwhite flour (sifted)
1 tspsalt and pepper each
How to Make Southern Fried chicken
- Soak chicken overnight in a covered casserole dish(or larger to make sure all chicken is fully covered) in sweet tea. If you want to buy a gallon already made, I find that Milos sweet tea tastes as close to homemade as you can get from a store(or buy a gallon from chick fil a)
- When you get ready to fry your chicken, beat your eggs and then add milk to them and mix together real good.
- Put your 2 cups of flour onto a large plate and add your salt/pepper to it for seasoning. If you want to add other seasonings feel free to do so. All according to what you personally like.
- Put chicken in your egg/milk dredge and then dip it into the flour. Make sure you get a good coating of flour onto it.
- Use a large frying pan with a non stick surface. I personally just use vegetable oil, but use whatever oil that you prefer for frying the chicken.
- fry until brown on both sides, and enjoy it.