Southern Chicken Patties
1/3 cbutter, melted
2 1/4 cmilk
2 ccooked chicken, diced or shredded
1/2 ccrackers, crushed
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/2 tspsalt (or onion salt if preferred)
·dash of pepper
1egg, slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1 ccracker crumbs
1/2 lbvelvetta style cheese
·oil for frying
How to Make Southern Chicken Patties
- Combine butter, flour and 1 3/4 cups milk in saucepan over medium heat stirring until thickened, creating a cream sauce.
- Combine chicken, crushed crackers, parsley, salt, pepper, egg and 1 cup of cream sauce.
- Shape into 8 patties and coat with cracker crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil (375 Degrees) until golden brown.
- Blend 1/2 cup milk with remaining cream sauce and heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Spoon cheese sauce over patties and serve.