Southern Chicken Patties
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- 2 1/4 c
- 2 c
- cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1/2 c
- crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (or onion salt if preferred)
- dash of pepper
- egg, slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 c
- cracker crumbs
- 1/2 lb
- velvetta style cheese
- oil for frying
How to Make Southern Chicken Patties
- 1Combine butter, flour and 1 3/4 cups milk in saucepan over medium heat stirring until thickened, creating a cream sauce.
- 2Combine chicken, crushed crackers, parsley, salt, pepper, egg and 1 cup of cream sauce.
- 4Shape into 8 patties and coat with cracker crumbs.
- 5Fry in hot oil (375 Degrees) until golden brown.
- 6Blend 1/2 cup milk with remaining cream sauce and heat.
- 7Add cheese and stir until melted.
- 8Spoon cheese sauce over patties and serve.