4 to5 largeskinless and boneless chicken breast
3 cflour plus 3 tablespoons
1 stickbutter, room temperature
·salt and pepper to taste
·as much shortening as you normally use to make bisquits
How to Make Southern chicken and dumplins my style
- In a large pot put the chicken breast in and cover with water more than half way up add salt and pepper and boil till breast are done.
- After breast are done remove from water and set aside. leave water in pot and turn to low heat.
- In pot with the water pour the milk,butter,salt and pepper to taste. Let sit and simmer on low stirring as you go.
- When chicken breast has cooled to touch cut into or shred into pieces and return to pot.
- In biscuit making bowl put the 3 cups of flour setting aside the 3 tablespoons of flour into small bowl for later. Make a well like to make biscuits and put in shortening and butter milk mix as normal.
- Now turn up heat in the pot to high stirring along the way.
- Flour hands and pinch of big sections of flour mixture and when pot starts to boil pinch small to med pieces off in to pot. This will be your dumplings as you get all the biscuit mixture in as much as you want keep stirring.
- The chicken and dumplings will thicken some then turn the heat down to med. If the liquid in the dumplings doesnt thick take the set aside flour in the bowl (the 3 tbl spoons) add a little water to it and stir it till its a paste add to dumplings stirring at the same time. Repeat till thick as you want it.Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.