Sour Cream Chicken coated with stuffing
*Last night after a really busy day I was going to make this for dinner. I thought I had all the ingredients, turns out I had a carton of light cream cheese instead of sour cream, since I was really did not want to run to the store I used the cream cheese instead. I added garlic powder and some green chilies to the cream cheese. I just layered the chicken, cream cheese,stuffing
- 2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- 4 c
- pepperfridge farm herb stuffing
- 1/4 c
How to Make Sour Cream Chicken coated with stuffing
- 1Wash and pat dry chicken. Salt and pepper both sides
- 2Smother both sides of chicken with sour cream. Sour cream needs to be slathered on thick.
- 3Dump stuffing on the plate. Press both sides sour cream chicken into stuffing so that chicken is coated with as much stuffing as possible.
- 4Heat 1/2 stick of butter in casserole dish in oven until butter is melted.
- 5Add chicken to dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, turn chicken and add another 1/2 stick of melted butter to top of chicken.
- 7Bake for another 30 - 40 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.