Smothered Steak (or chicken)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbthin round steak or chicken breasts
1 can(s)campbell's golden mushroom soup
1/4 cdried chopped onions or fresh chopped yellow onions
1/4 cdried celery flakes or chopped fresh celery (if using fresh save about 1 tablespoon worth of the celery leaves)
1/2 call purpose flour
4 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Smothered Steak (or chicken)
- Cut the meat into 4 half pound servings or purchase it from your butcher as such. Pound the meat thin. If using steak you may also use meat tenderizer.
- If using fresh vegetables chop the onions and celery and set aside. Don't forget to save the celery leaves for garnish.
- In a small bowl add the salt & pepper to the flour. Dredge the meat into the seasoned flour and cover completely.
- In a skillet add the oil and bring to a medium high heat. Add the meat in a single layer and brown on both sides. Drain the excess oil.
- Add to the meat the can of soup & 1/2 a can of water. Add the vegetables cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with celery leaves. Green beans are a great side dish.