- 6 OR 8
- chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 c
- flour with 1 cup reserved to make gravy or use wondra flour
- to taste-add to flour
- black ground pepper added to flour
- 2 large
- vidalia or spanish onion cut up, you could also add sliced mushrooms
- 3 OR 4 large
- garlic cloves sliced
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- yucon gold or regular boiling potatoes (not red skinned)
- milk and butter for mashed potatoes
WHEN ALL THE PIECES OF CHICKEN ARE IN THE BAKING PAN, PUT THE SLICED ONIONS IN THE FRY PAN AND COOK UNTIL TRANSLUCENT; ADD THE SLICE GARLIC AND COOK UNTIL TENDER AND FRAGRANT. YOU MAY NEED TO ADD MORE BUTTER AND OIL IN THE PAN-IF NEEDED. ADD 2 CUPS OF WATER TO THE ONION AND GARLIC MIXTURE. LET THAT COOK FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN POUR OVER THE CHICKEN IN THE BAKING PAN. COVER WITH FOIL AND BAKE AT 375 DEGREES UNTIL CHICKEN IS FALLING OFF THE BONE. COOKING TIME IS ABOUT 1 HOUR.
YOU CAN MAKE A GRAVY WITH THE DRIPPINGS. MIX FLOUR AND WATER TOGETHER TO MAKE A PASTE AND ADD IT TO THE DRIPPINGS. IF IT'S TOO THICK ADD MORE WATER. KEEP WHISKING UNTIL HEATED AND SMOOTH. TASTE THE GRAVY TO SEE IF YOU NEED TO SEASON WITH SALT & PEPPER.
NOODLES WOULD ALSO BE GOOD SERVED WITH THIS CHICKEN.