smothered cajun chicken w/ rice and veggies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6-8 qt
- chicken quarters
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper mixed
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 medium
- yellow onions chopped
- small pinch of red pepper.
- 2 c
- brown or white rice
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- veggies of your choice for 6 people
How to Make smothered cajun chicken w/ rice and veggies
- 1heat skillet up then add small amount of olive oil, add chopped onions while it is cooking add seasoning to chicken, then add chicken to skillet. you should have a frying sound.
- 2cook chicken til it golden brown on each side. now to remind you chicken being smothered like this doesnt brown as if it is being fried. it has a soft looking brown color. cooking about 15 minutes on each side. then add water covering over the chicken. let it cook for 35 minutes with the lid on it. checking it and stirring it making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. when u know its done the chicken starts to fall apart. then let simmer til ready to eat.
- 3i always cook rice with this its the best. i use brown rice but you can use white. i am sure most of you know how to cook rice in rice pot. i would cook about 2 cups for 6 people. i always add about 2 teaspoons of olive oil for rice not to stick to bottom.
- 4while rice is cooking. you can cook veggies for 6 people. after all is down. set down together at table and eat and enjoy.