Smoky Smothered Chicken
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
4skinless boneless chicken breasts
·black pepper, to taste
·garlic salt, to taste
·italian seasoning, to taste
1 18-oz bottlehickory barbecue sauce
4 sliceham, thickly sliced
4 slicemonterey jack cheese
·green onions, chopped
How to Make Smoky Smothered Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Season chicken breasts with the pepper, garlic salt and Italian seasonings to your taste (I prefer well seasoned).
- Place chicken in well greased baking dish (13 x 9) and bake in oven until juices are clear and tender - about thirty minutes - do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and pour on barbecue sauce.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese on top of ham.
- Broil or bake for five minutes,or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions and tomatoes.