Mertzie's Smoky Ranch CCBLT's
- one chicken breast per sandwich (i made 3)
- packet of ranch seasoning mix
- colby jack (or your preference flavor) slice of cheese for each breast (or more)
- slices of bacon per sandwich
- slices tomato per sandwich
- large leaf of lettuce per sandwich
- scallions (diced) or 1 red onion slice per sandwich
- optional: garlic chili sauce (found w/ asian condiments)
- 3 Tbsp
- ranch dressing (creamy, like hidden valley)
- heaping tsp., smoked spanish paprika
- tsp. ancho chili powder (or chipolte for more kick)
- splash of lemon juice
FOR THE SAUCE TO SPREAD (THIS MAKES FOR 2-3 SANDWICHES):
How to Make Mertzie's Smoky Ranch CCBLT's
- 1I whisked milk with packet of ranch seasoning mix. (If you're making for a crowd, use more mixes for flavor -- enough to cover chicken). Marinate in a bag overnight, and turn every so often.
- 2A few hours before grilling, I took chicken from bag & discarded milk ranch mix. I rubbed garlic chili sauce on each breast lightly and refrigerated for a few more hours.
- 3Heat your grill (or you could use broiler). Meanwhile, mix up the sauce for spreading on the sandwich. Mix 3 TBS ranch dressing with the paprika and chili powder. Mix well & taste, and then adjust to your liking. I added probably another tsp. of smoked paprika, because we love it. Add a splash of lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4As chicken grills, crisp bacon to your liking and set aside. Get chicken to where it is just done (don't overcook it) & then add the cheese slices on top and melt.
- 5Now you just assemble! Spread sauce on each roll. Then add your lettuce, tomatoes, chicken (I sprinkled scallions on top of the chicken), and the bacon.
- 6This is a hunky big sandwich! I used large potato rolls, but next time I shall use a sturdier/crustier roll or serve it as an open face sandwich. Enjoy!