Smoky bacon barbecue Roasted Chicken
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4-5# chicken, whole or quartered
- 6 oz
- smoky bacon barbecue sauce
- 3-4 medium
- carrots, cut into 1
- 1/2 medium
- onion, quartered
- 6 small
- baby bell peppers or 1/2 bell pepper, cut into 1
- 4 clove
- garlic, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- shallot and herb blend, leftover seasoning
- lemon, quartered
How to Make Smoky bacon barbecue Roasted Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cut carrots, onions, bell pepper into 1" cubes if using whole pieces. Create a layer on a roaster pan to set chicken on.
- 3Insert some carrots, onions, bell pepper, lemon and garlic into bird, rub with shallots and baste with barbecue sauce.
- 4Optionally, you can baste the entire bird before roasting, or for a move even crisp roast, turn the bird half-way through cooking and baste the top. For even better flavor, add some barbecue sauce and/or seasonings into the opening of the bird.
- 5Cook about 1 1/2 hours at 350 until juices run clear and temp reads 165 at breasts or 180 at thighs.