Smoky bacon barbecue Roasted Chicken
★★★★★ 1 vote5
14-5# chicken, whole or quartered
6 ozsmoky bacon barbecue sauce
3-4 mediumcarrots, cut into 1
1/2 mediumonion, quartered
6 smallbaby bell peppers or 1/2 bell pepper, cut into 1
4 clovegarlic, or more to taste
1 Tbspshallot and herb blend, leftover seasoning
How to Make Smoky bacon barbecue Roasted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots, onions, bell pepper into 1" cubes if using whole pieces. Create a layer on a roaster pan to set chicken on.
- Insert some carrots, onions, bell pepper, lemon and garlic into bird, rub with shallots and baste with barbecue sauce.
- Optionally, you can baste the entire bird before roasting, or for a move even crisp roast, turn the bird half-way through cooking and baste the top. For even better flavor, add some barbecue sauce and/or seasonings into the opening of the bird.
- Cook about 1 1/2 hours at 350 until juices run clear and temp reads 165 at breasts or 180 at thighs.