Smokey Fried Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspblack pepper
2 tspcayenne pepper
2 tspgarlic salt
1 Tbsponion powder
How to Make Smokey Fried Chicken
- Cut up chicken into 10 pieces (I guess you could by one already cut up but what fun is that)
- Mix marinade spices and coat chicken in large bowl. Let chicken marinade in fridge for however long you want. I left it in for 8 hrs.
- Smoke chicken for 1 hr. at 225 degrees. I used hickory, but any wood will do. My smoker is a Masterbuilt electric.
- Let chicken cool to touch. Drench in milk and dredge in seasoned flour mixture. One drench and dredge is enough.
- The next step is the most important. Grandma Howell always used cast iron skillets, and cooked in butter low and slow. I use Smart Balance, three or four tbs. add more if needed. Cook on medium low heat turning occasionally to get a crispy crust on all sides. This could take an hour or longer for the chicken to cook through.