BBQ Cola Wings
- 2 lb
- chicken wings, tips removed, cut in half
- 3 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring, divided (hickory)
- 1 c
- barbecue sauce
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- prepared mustard
- 2 tsp
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make BBQ Cola Wings
- 1Place chicken wings into large resealable plastic bag and add 2 teaspoons liquid smoke. Toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Or
Alternate recipe: Lightly sprinkle wings with with Lawry's season salt and coarse ground black pepper and add 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce in place of the liquid smoke. Place in gallon sized ziplock bag. Toss to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Combine barbecue sauce, cola, honey, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon liquid smoke in saucepan. Bring to a simmer; then pour over wings. Note: I add a couple dashes of seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 4Place wings in 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 5Pour sauce over wings.
- 6Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, basting often. Turn only once. Remove from oven . Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam. Baste with sauce and discard the remaining.
- 7Place cookie sheet on middle rack. Set oven to broil. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Watch carefully as not to burn wings.