SLOW-STEW CHICKEN WITH BROTH
1 cup= w/wo juice
4 lbmeaty chicken pieces (breast, thighs, and drumsticks
4stalk celery with leafs, cut up
2springs fresh parsley
1/2 tspdried thyme or marjoran, crushed
1/4 tspblack pepper
4 ccold water
How to Make SLOW-STEW CHICKEN WITH BROTH
- In a 5-6 slow cooker combine all ingrediens; pour water over all.
- Cover; cook on low for 7-10 hours or high-heat 3 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker. Stain broth through a large sieve or colander lined with 2 layers of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Discard cheesecloth and soids.
- If using broth immediatley skim off fat. If storing for later use, chill broth in a bowl for 6 hours or over night. Lift off fat. Pour broth into a airtight containner; seal. Chill in he refrigerator for 3 days or up to 3 months in freezer.. Use a ice tray to freeze and put in freezer bag for quick use..
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Place meat in a airtight cotainer; seal. Chill in refrigerator or 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.