SLOW-STEW CHICKEN WITH BROTH
1 cup= w/wo juice
- 4 lb
- meaty chicken pieces (breast, thighs, and drumsticks
- stalk celery with leafs, cut up
- 1 small
- springs fresh parsley
- bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme or marjoran, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 c
- cold water
How to Make SLOW-STEW CHICKEN WITH BROTH
- 1In a 5-6 slow cooker combine all ingrediens; pour water over all.
- 2Cover; cook on low for 7-10 hours or high-heat 3 1/2 to 5 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from cooker. Stain broth through a large sieve or colander lined with 2 layers of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Discard cheesecloth and soids.
- 4If using broth immediatley skim off fat. If storing for later use, chill broth in a bowl for 6 hours or over night. Lift off fat. Pour broth into a airtight containner; seal. Chill in he refrigerator for 3 days or up to 3 months in freezer.. Use a ice tray to freeze and put in freezer bag for quick use..
- 5When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Place meat in a airtight cotainer; seal. Chill in refrigerator or 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.