Slow Cooker Work Day Chicken
Warning, this chicken is so juicy and tender, it will fall off the bone while you are getting it out of the slow cooker. Enjoy!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cranch dressing, sour cream, buttermilk, or mayonnaise (your choice, or mix & match)
1 tspeach: garlic powder, paprika, or 1 tbl. of cajun seasoning
1 tspworcestershire sauce or cap full of liquid smoke
How to Make Slow Cooker Work Day Chicken
- Things you will need:
• Slow cooker (mine is a 5.5 qt.)
• Rack that fits in the bottom or something that will keep the chicken off the bottom due to liquid build-up
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, put ½ - 1 cup of dressing of your choice and mix with the spices. Carefully separate the skin covering the breast area and spoon the dressing mixture under the skin, spreading as you go. Use all of the mixture.
- With the same bowl, put in about ¼ cup of butter and mix with paprika and garlic powder or any combination of your choice of spice. Now let’s get down and messy; with your hands, rub the butter mixture all over the outside of the chicken, until most of everything is covered. Let chicken rest.
- While chicken is resting, spray the bottom and sides of the slow cooker and place the small rack in the bottom. Put the chicken, breast side up, on the rack and cook for approx. 8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high, depending on your slow-cooker.