Slow Cooker Sweet AND Sour Chicken
- large orange
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar
- 348 ml can whole cranberry sauce
- dried apricots & dried mangos each
- large red onion cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 15,25 ounce can peach halves cut in half .
- 1/2 c
- flat leaf parsley..chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole chicken legs split in half
How to Make Slow Cooker Sweet AND Sour Chicken
- 1With potato peeler cut 2 strips of skin from orange thin slice the skin juice the orange and put into 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Mix together sugar and cranberries add to pot...toss the chicken with the flour and add to the pot with the orange zest and garlic. and add the dried fruit and the canned peaches and parsley...cook covered for 5 hours while you are outside with a cold drink enjoying the lovely and your slow cooker is cooking dinner aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thirty minutes before serving cook the rice according to package directions......oh my do not put the peaches in the pot along with the other dried.but put it in when you are cooking the rice,,my mistake..if the peaches go in tooo early they will get mushy...I could retype this whole section, but the outdoors is waiting for me to return..
- 3Place the chicken on serving plates add the rice, chicken and sauce...enjoy...with a glass of wine would be nice.
This recipe also works well with a 2 to 3 pound pork roast.