Slow Cooker Spicy Char Siu Chicken Thighs
4bone in chicken thighs
3 Tbsphoisin sauce
2 Tbspeach soy sauce and honey
1 Tbspeach sriracha sauce and sake
2 tspfresh grated ginger
4 clovegarlic minced
1/2 tspchinese 5 spice powder
How to Make Slow Cooker Spicy Char Siu Chicken Thighs
- Place the chicken in a crock pot. Mix the hoisin, honey, soy saute, sriracha, sake, ginger, garlic, and Chinese 5 spice together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place skin side down in frying pan and sear the skin to get a nice brown color
- Place the liquid from the crock pot in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. mix the cornstarch and water together and mix into the boiling liquid to thicken.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce