Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken, Diabetic
1/2 tspdried oregano
1/4 tspseasoned salt
1 lbskinless and boneless chicken breast halves
1 Tbspcanola oil
2 Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice or to taste
1 clovegarlic,peeled and minced
1 Tbspdefatted and reduced salt chicken stock
2 tspminced fresh parsley
How to Make Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken, Diabetic
- In a small bowl,combine dried oregano,seasoned salt and black pepper.
Mix well and rub chicken breasts with oregano mixture.
- Add canola oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat.
When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Place chicken pieces in slow cooker and add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken stock to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
Pour the lemon juice mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Add parsley and baste chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 15-30 minutes if needed, if chicken breasts are tender your finished.