"Slow-Cooker" Chicken Cacciatore
- 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- chicken, cut into serving pieces and skinned
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- yellow onion, finely chopped
- cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- coarsely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 sprig(s)
- 2 sprig(s)
- 1 pinch
- crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb
- cooked egg noodles
How to Make "Slow-Cooker" Chicken Cacciatore
- 1Combine the flour and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken to the bag, several pieces at a time, and shake to coat completely.
- 2Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 10 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Using tongs, transfer to the slow cooker.
- 3Add the onion to the sauté pan and sauté, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, or until light golden. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and broth and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- 4Add the sage, rosemary, and pepper flakes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 8 hours, until the chicken is tender. At 3 to 4 hours, the chicken will still be firm and hold it’s shape. At 6 to 8 hours, the meat will be falling off the bone. Stir in salt and pepper to taste just before serving. Remove and discard the sage and rosemary.
- 5Divide the egg noodles among dinner plates and cover with chicken and sauce, then serve at once.