Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- chicken breast, thighs, legs, etc
- 2 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 1 medium
- yellow onion - chopped
- 2 medium
- carrots, chopped
- 4 c
- chicken stock
- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Place chicken, soup, onion, and carrots in crock pot. Add chicken stock to cover meat set on high for 6 hours.
- 2The last 2 hours remove and bones, if using bone in chicken, and quarter the biscuit dough. Place on top and gently push into cooking liquid. Replace cover and let cook. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Notes: I used a "flaky layers" buttermilk biscuit and they made beautiful dumplings. I also used a chicken soup base dissolved in 4 cups of water instead of chicken stock.