Skillet Chicken Risotto
- 1 - 3 lb
- chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 3/4 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 4 medium
- carrots, cut 1/2" thick on the diagonal
- 1-2 c
- chicken stock (may have to use less or more)
How to Make Skillet Chicken Risotto
- 1Brown chicken in oil - remove chicken and set aside. Keep chicken brownings and oil in skillet.
- 2Add uncooked rice, onion, salt and poultry seasoning. Cook and stir until rice is lightly browned. Use chicken stock for liquid in cooking rice.
- 3All mushrooms and carrots. Place chicken on top. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until done.