Skillet Browned Chicken from Frozen Pieces
I find the frozen chicken breasts at Sam's Club, Walmart and my local grocery store. They are cheap compared to the fresh ones in the meat department. Great to keep on hand.
How to Make Skillet Browned Chicken from Frozen Pieces
- 1Heat up a heavy bottom skillet (with a lid)over medium high. Add olive oil.
- 2Determine how many breasts you want to cook and place them in hot skillet; try to choose pieces of similar thickness. Cover and set a timer for one minute.
- 3After one minute, top will be defrosted and moist. Season to taste with salt, pepper, Italian spices, Mexican spices, whatever.
- 4Pour 1/2-3/4 cup of water into skillet and cover. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- 5Turn over chicken and season the other side. You want to have about a 1/4-1/2 inch of water to continue cooking. Add if needed.(Lack of water will make chicken tough and dry). Cover and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- 6Check temp using a thermometer or cut open to see if juices run clear. Cover and cook longer if needed. Add water if needed.
- 7Total cooking time will take 8-12 minutes depending on size and thickness of chicken breasts.