Simply Good Chicken Cacciatore
*She did not pour off the "grease" after browning the chicken - neither do I. Not the healthiest way to cook, I'll admit, but the drippings do add
- chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 - 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- onion, finely chopped
- green (bell) pepper, chopped
- small can sliced or chopped mushrooms, drained
- 1 can(s)
- chopped tomatoes (16 oz)
- 1 can(s)
- (8-oz) tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
How to Make Simply Good Chicken Cacciatore
- 1Mix enough flour, salt, and pepper to coat chicken pieces. Slightly dampen chicken pieces with water, then coat well with seasoned flour.
- 2Heat just enough oil to brown chicken. Brown chicken pieces until golden brown - add garlic and onion towards end of browning; saute until garlic and onion are tender, - a couple of minutes.
- 3Do not pour oil out of pan! Add rest of ingredients; mix well. Cover pan, heat to boiling, then turn down to a slow simmer.
- 4Simmer for one hour, or until chicken is tender. Serve with plain spaghetti and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.