Simply Divine! Open-Faced Grilled Chicken & Apricot Sammies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The sweet and savory combination in this recipes makes for one tasty sandwich. Then topping it off with a balsamic glaze? That makes a great sandwich even better! The Test Kitchen
1 can(s)(13.8 oz) ready made pizza crust
6 1/2 ozgarlic and herb soft spreadable cheese
1/2 cwalnuts, toasted and chopped
2 cgrilled chicken breast, chopped
1/2 cdried apricots, chopped
2-3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar glaze
BALSAMIC VINEGAR GLAZE
1 cbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Simply Divine! Open-Faced Grilled Chicken & Apricot Sammies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Press out pizza dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle.
- Using a 3 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter cut out 8 circles from the pizza dough.
- Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray and place circles 1 inch apart on sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Let pizza crust circles slightly cool and then spread the garlic and herb cheese on top of each circle.
- Then sprinkle each with the toasted walnuts, pressing them into the cheese.
- Next top each with 1/4 cup of the chopped grilled chicken breast.
- Then sprinkle each with the chopped dried apricots.
- And then the grand finale! Drizzle each with the balsamic vinegar glaze.
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR GLAZE
In a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat.
Cook stirring until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons.