★★★★★ 2 votes5
- broiler-fryer chicken (3 1/4 lb), cut up
- 1/2 c
- kraft light ranch dressing
- 1 pkg
- shake n bake extra crispy-seasoned coating mix
How to Make Simple Southern-Style "Unfried" Chicken
- 1Remove skin from all chicken pieces except wings. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add dressing. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place coating mix in pie plate or shallow dish. Dip chicken in coatin gmix, turning each piece over to evenly coat both sides. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with any remaining coating mix. Discard bag and marinade.
- 3Bake 40 to 45 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees)