Simple Lemon Chicken
Whenever I make this my husband asks if we are having important company. He loves it and apparently by that question, I don't make it enough.
- chicken breasts (or any part you desire)
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- salad oil
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- fresh mint
How to Make Simple Lemon Chicken
- 1Grate the peel from the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the chicken.
- 2Shake the chicken in a paper bag with flour, salt and paprika.
- 3In skillet, brown chicken slowly in the salad oil.
- 4Arrange chicken in casserole or baking pan. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over the chicken, add the brown sugar and then cover with the thinly sliced lemon. Pour in the broth and place mint over the top. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove mint before serving.