Simple Chicken and Rice
How to Make Simple Chicken and Rice
- 1Place chicken breast in large boiler with enough water to cover chicken. Boil chicken until done. Remove from water and allow chicken to cool.
- 2Prepare rice by boiling 3 cups of the chicken broth. (you may need to add some water to the broth if you don't have enough for the 3 cups) Add the 1 1/2 c. of rice to broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3While rice is cooking, debone chicken and place to the side.
- 4Combine rice, soup, butter, chicken, milk and salt and pepper. Mix throughly. Place in an over safe casserole dish or a 13x9 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees until hot and bubbly.
- 5Optional: Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese has melted.