Simple Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 can(s)
- family sized chicken noodle soup
- 1 can(s)
- water or chicken broth
- 12 1/2 oz
- can chicken
- 4 pinch
- black pepper
- 3 c
- all purose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- 2 pinch
THE CHICKEN SOUP
How to Make Simple Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Add all soup ingredients and bring to a boil. Maintain a slow boil.
- 2Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir. Put a half cup of the flour mixture to the side in a small bowl.
- 3Pour oil into mixture and stir.
- 4Add milk, water and stir. Dough should be getting sticky.
- 5Pour half the set aside flour to the mixture, using your hands to mix the ingredients together.
- 6Add flour until the mixture feels soft and fluffy.
- 7Tear off pieces of the dough and add to boiling soup one at a time
- 8Place a lid on the pot, turning the heat down slightly and allow dumplings to cook for 10 minutes
- 9Press the dumplings down into the liguid allowing it to get on top.
- 10Put the lid back on the pot and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes until dumplings are done.