Shrimp Chicken and Bacon1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 lb
- bacon, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 2 tsp
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
- 1.5 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in 1" strips
- 1 tsp
- anise or fennel seeds
- sprigs fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried
- jumbo shrimp, raw, cleaned
- 5 c
- fish stock or chicken broth
- 2 c
- broccoli florets
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, finely minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Shrimp Chicken and Bacon
- 1Set large heavy pan or dutch oven on stove over low heat and cook bacon.
- 2Stirring, 2 minutes without browning.
- 3Add wine, increase heat to high.
- 4Bring liquid to boil and cook 1 minute to burn off alcohol.
- 5Add chicken, shrimp, stock, garlic, onion, celery seed and anise.
- 6Reduce heat to medium.
- 7If using dried tarragon add it now.
- 8Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- 9Add broccoli and milk and cook uncovered another 2 minutes.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11To serve use slotted spoon to transfer bacon, shrimp and chicken to soup bowls.
- 12Return broth to boil, add butter.
- 13Turn off heat, add chopped fresh tarragon leaves if using fresh.