Shrimp Chicken and Bacon1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 lbbacon, diced into 1/4" pieces
2 tsponion, finely chopped
1 cdry white wine
1 tspcelery seed
1.5 lbchicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in 1" strips
1 tspanise or fennel seeds
3sprigs fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried
12jumbo shrimp, raw, cleaned
5 cfish stock or chicken broth
2 cbroccoli florets
1 Tbspgarlic, finely minced
·salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Shrimp Chicken and Bacon
- Set large heavy pan or dutch oven on stove over low heat and cook bacon.
- Stirring, 2 minutes without browning.
- Add wine, increase heat to high.
- Bring liquid to boil and cook 1 minute to burn off alcohol.
- Add chicken, shrimp, stock, garlic, onion, celery seed and anise.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- If using dried tarragon add it now.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and milk and cook uncovered another 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve use slotted spoon to transfer bacon, shrimp and chicken to soup bowls.
- Return broth to boil, add butter.
- Turn off heat, add chopped fresh tarragon leaves if using fresh.