☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspoyster sauce
1 largeslices fresh ginger, crushed
1 clovegarlic, crushed
1/4 tspmsg (optional)
1/4 tspheong lu fun (chinese 5-spice powder)
3-4 lbbone in chicken pieces (i recommend bone in chicken thighs)
1 lbfresh beansprouts
2 -3 Tbspcornstarch
3 dash(es)light sesame oil
·chopped fresh chinese parsley
How to Make Shoyu Chicken
- combine all except the chicken and b eansprouts; bring to a boi for a couple minutes; turn down to simmer
- Brown the chicken pieces well on both sides in skillet with a bit of olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 40 minutes. You might want to turn the chicken occasionally so it gets well colored on all sides.
- Drop the bean sprouts into boiling water to cover for 2 minutes; immediately drain well.
- Line a medium size platter with the bean sprouts, and put the chicken pieces in the middle.
- Add the cornstarch to the sauce and bring to boil; simmer til it starts to thicken; Add dashed of sesame oil; Pour over the chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh Chinese parsley if desired.
- This is great with some stir fried Asian vegetables such as pea pods, sugar snap peas, diced carrots, bok choy and some sauted mushrooms.