☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1.2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 large
- slices fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- msg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- heong lu fun (chinese 5-spice powder)
- 3-4 lb
- bone in chicken pieces (i recommend bone in chicken thighs)
- 1 lb
- fresh beansprouts
- 2 -3 Tbsp
- 3 dash(es)
- light sesame oil
- chopped fresh chinese parsley
How to Make Shoyu Chicken
- 1combine all except the chicken and b eansprouts; bring to a boi for a couple minutes; turn down to simmer
- 2Brown the chicken pieces well on both sides in skillet with a bit of olive oil.
- 3Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 40 minutes. You might want to turn the chicken occasionally so it gets well colored on all sides.
- 4Drop the bean sprouts into boiling water to cover for 2 minutes; immediately drain well.
- 5Line a medium size platter with the bean sprouts, and put the chicken pieces in the middle.
- 6Add the cornstarch to the sauce and bring to boil; simmer til it starts to thicken; Add dashed of sesame oil; Pour over the chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh Chinese parsley if desired.
- 7This is great with some stir fried Asian vegetables such as pea pods, sugar snap peas, diced carrots, bok choy and some sauted mushrooms.