☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- lard to fill large cast iron pan
- chicken pieces
- 1 pt
- 1 c
- 1 c
- stone ground corn meal
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Seventh Heaven Fried Chicken
- 1Brine the chicken in sweet tea for a day.
- 2Mix salt, pepper, cornmeal, and flour in a shallow bowl. Drench the chicken in buttermilk before dredging it in the dry mixture.
- 3Lard is the right temperature if the chicken only bubbles. After a few minutes turn the chicken, and then turn it again. When it's the color of straw put a lid on it, turn again after a few minutes, cover again, and turn again. Adjust the temperature as needed to keep the chicken at a bubble.
The chicken is done when it stops bubbling.
- 4Serve with cream gravy, honey mustard, hot sauce and honey, or straight.