Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
- 2 large
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb
- linguine pasta (fettuchini or spaghetti)
- 1 lb
- asparagus, fresh (1/2
- 1/3 c
- peanut butter
- 5 Tbsp
- rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c
- oyster sauce
- 2 tsp
- chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sesame seed (toasted)
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
How to Make Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus
- 1Bring a large pot with water to a boil.
- 2Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook the chicken until it's not longer pink inside, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. (Do not wash skillet.
- 3Add a large pinch of salt to the boiling water then add pasta and cook until just beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
- 4Add the asparagus into the pot and cook until bright green and the pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes more.
NOTE: Reserve one cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and asparagus and return to the pot.
In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, sesame seed oil and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water until smooth.
- 6Add the cooked chicken into the skillet with the pasta and asparagus, then add the peanut butter mixture and toss to combine.
- 7Add more of the reserved pasta water, if needed. Serve immediately!