Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
2 largechicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
·salt and pepper (to taste)
1 lblinguine pasta (fettuchini or spaghetti)
1 lbasparagus, fresh (1/2
1/3 cpeanut butter
5 Tbsprice wine vinegar
1/4 coyster sauce
2 tspchili garlic sauce
1 1/2 tspfresh ginger (grated)
1 1/2 Tbspsesame seed (toasted)
2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus
- Bring a large pot with water to a boil.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook the chicken until it's not longer pink inside, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. (Do not wash skillet.
- Add a large pinch of salt to the boiling water then add pasta and cook until just beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add the asparagus into the pot and cook until bright green and the pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes more.
NOTE: Reserve one cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and asparagus and return to the pot.
In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, sesame seed oil and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water until smooth.
- Add the cooked chicken into the skillet with the pasta and asparagus, then add the peanut butter mixture and toss to combine.
- Add more of the reserved pasta water, if needed. Serve immediately!