Semi-Homemade Chicken N Rice Pot Pie
2 lbwhole chicken
1 largefamily size cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)lesuer canned peas
1 can(s)carrot slices/or 2 fresh cut up carrots
4 mediumboiled potatos diced up medium size
2 stickcelery stalks boiled n chopped
1 cboiled white rice
2 pkgpillsbury all-ready pie crust
1 sprig(s)bay leaf to be boiled with chicken
1 mediumonion to be cut in 4's and boiled with chicken
**THIS RECIPE YIELDS 2 - 9
How to Make Semi-Homemade Chicken N Rice Pot Pie
- 1.) Boil your 2lb Whole Chicken with 1) Bay Leaf, 1) Medium cutup Onion.
- 2.) you can boil your fresh cut-up Carrots and Potatoes, and your celery with your Whole Chicken or you can boil these veggies in a medium sized pot....after they are cooked. (Drain and set aside)
- 3.) Boil and Drain your White Rice and set aside
- 4.) In Large Mixing Bowl add your Family sized Cream of Chicken Soup and add milk a little @ a time to make a semi-smooth consistency...Not to runny ok!
- 5.) Once Chicken is de-boned then add to Cream of of Chicken. Then also add all your drained Veggies to this Mixture, including canned drained canned Peas and Drained White Rice.
- 6.) Salt and Pepper to taste
- 7.) Once you have incorporated all these ingredients with your Cream of Chicken...in a Glass Pie Dish Roll out 1 pkg of your Pillsbury Pie crust on bottom...and once placed dock the pie crust with a fork.
- 8.) Add Mixture into Pie Crust and then Place the other Pie Crust on top and then fold, and crimp sides or however way you want to seal the Pie. then cut slits on top to allow Steam to escape. You may finish off with an Egg Wash. I prefer mine as is.
- 9.) Bake @ 350 for 40-45 Minutes or Until Crust is Golden Brown. **This recipe Yields 2- 9"inch Pies**