~ Savory Spinach Filled Chicken Breasts ~
- 5 - 6
- medium - not real thick, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 5 c
- baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic paste
- 1/3 c
- alouette herb and garlic spreadable cheese - or the like thereof
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- slivered almonds
- 1/2 c
- seasoned bread crumbs or more if needed
- egg, beaten
- 1/2 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic & pepper salt
How to Make ~ Savory Spinach Filled Chicken Breasts ~
- 2Cut a deep slit into each breast on the thickest side of meat. Stuff each breast evenly with spinach mixture and secure with toothpicks.
Beat egg on a paper plate. Add crumbs to another and mix in garlic pepper salt.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip breast into egg, making sure both sides are coated, let excess egg drip off, then coat evenly in bread crumbs.
- 3Place chicken in heated oil. Cook on that side for roughly 10 minutes, using fork to move chicken around to all sides to make sure all is cooked. Turn over and continue cooking on that side. Moving chicken to all sides, making sure all edges are browned. About 10 more minutes.
Just to make sure it was cooked completely through - I removed the browned chicken and placed on a microwave safe plate and microwaved for another 2 minutes. Cut one into and make sure there is no pink remaining.
Or you could place them in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, just to be safe. Mine were done with just the few minutes in the microwave. It will depend how thick your breasts are.