Savory Chicken Pot Pie
Paula had Rodney on her show recently and this is what the made (sort of...I made it MY way.) I had enough filling for 2 pies. I froze the other half of the filling. I also froze slices of the pie for my lunches.
Here is the link to their original recipe. pauladeen.com/...savory_chicken_pie
This is very time consuming, but if you make a double batch, you have 4 pies. The filling freezes nicely.
- chicken whole (i used 3 large breasts bone on , skin on)
- sweet onion sliced thin
- 3 clove
- garlic, sliced
- sage leaves, fresh
- 3 or 4
- rosemary sprigs, fresh
- salt and pepper
- sweet onion cut into wedges
- whole carrots peeled & chopped
- small (or 3 large) potatoes peeled & diced
- olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- 1 can(s)
- 2 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- 9" pie crusts uncooked
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Savory Chicken Pot Pie
- 4When chicken has cooled, pour the 'juices ' from the pan into your bowl. Pull the meat from the bones and chop into bite sized pieces. Discard the herbs. Add potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, heavy cream and flour. *** OR you can make a white cream gravy instead of the heavy cream and flour mixture.*** Mix together well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour into the pie crust and top with the other piece of dough. Crimp the edges together with a fork. Brush the top crust with melted butter. Cut a small vent in the top. Bake in the preheated oven (350)for 50 minutes.
- 6NOTE*** You could easily do this with left over chicken, rotisserie chicken or left over turkey meat from the holidays.