Savory Chicken Pot Pie
Each pie sliced into 4 servings makes filling portions...
I have made this several times and everyone loves it. (Even my son, husband, and mother-in-law who all hate spinach.)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 pkgrefrigerated pie crusts (2 per box), room temperature
1 boxfrozen chopped spinach (8 oz)
2/3 cbutter or margarine
2/3 cchopped onion
2/3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspgarlic pepper
2 Tbsptony's seasoning salt
3 1/2 cchicken broth (either the broth from cooking chicken or store bought broth will work)
4 cmixed vegetables, frozen (that have been thawed)
5 cshredded, cooked chicken (i use chicken tenders because they cook faster than boneless breast) turkey can be substituted
How to Make Savory Chicken Pot Pie
- Cook Chicken and have it set aside to cool where you will be able to shred it.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place 3 of the pie crusts into 9 inch pie dishes. Reserve the other three for the tops.
(Remember this will make 3 pot pies easily, or two deep dish pies)
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion, cook about 2 to 3 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour, garlic pepper and seasoning salt until well blended. WHISK in broth and milk until they are are smooth. Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken, spinach, and vegetables. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into pie crusts (as equally as possible). Cover each with top crust, seal and flute edges. Brush tops with a little melted butter if desired. Cut slits in about 4 places on top crust.
- Bake on center rack at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Once tops are brown you can cover edges with foil to keep from over browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
May take up to 45 minutes if three pies are in oven at one time...just look for your crusts to be a nice golden brown.