Sauteed Chicken Breast and Peaches
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/4 cunbleached white flour
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1/4 cshallots, thinly sliced
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
1/4 cchicken broth
1/4 cheavy whipping cream
2 largeripe, but firm peaches, about 1lb., cut 1/4 in wedges
2 Tbspfresh shredded basil or chopped thyme
How to Make Sauteed Chicken Breast and Peaches
- Remove the tenderloin (the finger size muscle on the underside of each chicken breast) and set muscle aside. Using the flat end of a meat pounder, lightly flatten each breast.
- Season the chicken breast and tenderloin with salt and pepper, then dredge with the flour, shacking off excess.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tblsp. of the butter. Add chicken and saute until just cooked through, bout 2 minutes per side. To test for doneness, cut into the thickest part of breast and take a peek. The flesh should be opaque, without any pink. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover while you make the sauce.
- Add remaining 1 tblsp. butter to skillet. When the butter is hot, add the shallots and saute until tender, bout 30 seconds. Add the vinegar and cook until reduced by half, forming a thick glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cream, along with any juices collected on the chicken plate. Cook until sauce is reduced by half and lightly coats the back of a spoon, bout 2 minutes. Add the peaches and toss until just warmed through. Do not overcook! Remove from heat and stir in basil or thyme.
- Place chicken on warmed dinner plates or on a platter. Spoon sauce and peaches over the chicken and serve immediately.