Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
If you don't like the flavor of curry, try cumin or your favorite spice..you won't believe how simple and delicious this is.
Recipe came from my Taste of Home April/May 1994 issue.
This recipe also has been family tested and approved many times by friends and family.
- 1 - 1/2 lb
- fresh asparagus spears, halved ( i have also used frozen )
- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 c
- 1 tube(s)
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 c
- (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
- 1If desired, partially cook asparagus; drain. Place the asparagus in a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- 2In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken.
Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.