Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The flavor of these enchiladas was all that I could hope for. They were rich-tasting and very moist.
NOTE: I added the taco seasoning at the same time I put the tomatoes in the skillet with the chicken. Worked perfectly. The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- Boneles, skinless, chicken breast or tenderloins
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes and chiles
- To taste
- taco seasoning mix
- flour tortillas
- 2 c
- Shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- 1 1/8
- clove garlic
- 1/4 c
- cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- enchilada sauce
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1Turn on skillet to med-med high heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- 2Brown chicken about 2-3 mintues each side, then add minced clove of garlic, tomatoes and chiles (with juice) and cilantro. Cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and juice reduces.
- 3Turn off heat and shred the chicken. (I leave it in the pan, saves a dish and keeps it warm)
- 4Warm tortillas enough so they will roll. Place 1/8 chicken mixture, and 1 T. shreeded cheese on each tortilla and roll. Place seam side down in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 5Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Garnish if you like, with some fresh chopped green onion, and some black olives. Serve with salsa and sour cream.