San Francisco BBQ Chicken
This BBQ has a great Chinese flavor from the soy sauce and ginger.
I serve this with skewered grilled vegetables made with zucchini, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and pineapple.
Prep time includes 1 hour minimum marinating time.
- 1 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- green onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 2 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes ( more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp
- 4-5 lb
- chicken pieces of your choice
How to Make San Francisco BBQ Chicken
- 1Stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, catsup, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, and paprika in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl and marinate the chicken (in the refrigerator) for at least 1 hour. When ready to cook remove chicken from marinade and throw away the marinade.
- 2I precook the chicken in a 325 degree oven for about 20 minutes and then BBQ on the grill until chicken is done.
This dish is eally much better when grilled but you can bake in the oven until done if you are not able to grill.