Salsa Chicken with Cheesy Rice
It was an immediate hit with the family. I mean, really, who can resist rice with a cup and half of cheese melted in it?
- 1 lb
- boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes or strips
- goya adobo
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c
- taco sauce
- 1/2 can(s)
- salsa, chunky
- hot sauce (i like the green hot sauce)
- 4 c
- cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mexican blend cheese
How to Make Salsa Chicken with Cheesy Rice
- 1Cook rice according to package directions. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of shredded mexican blend cheese while hot.
- 2In a non-stick skillet, put in the cut up chicken and sprinkle generously with Goya Adobo seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3On med-high heat, cook the chicken for approximately 5 minutes until it just starts to brown (no more than a slight golden color).
- 4Add in taco sauce and salsa. Turn down to med-low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- 5Add hot sauce to taste.
- 6Server over rice.
- 7As an added extra you can mix in a dollop of sour cream and serve with tortilla chips and some extra salsa.