Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Leg Quarters
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3carrots or celery ribs
5 lbchicken leg quarters
2 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped
2 tspsweet smoked paprika
2 1/2 tspkosher salt, divided
1 1/4 tspblack pepper, freshly ground, divided
12 clovegarlic, sliced
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cchicken broth
2 lbfingerling gold potatoes, halved
1 tspolive oil
·fresh rosemary, for garnish
How to Make Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Leg Quarters
- Place carrots or celery in a single layer in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and trim fat. Stir together the rosemary, paprika, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken.
- Saute garlic in 3 taglespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon; reserve the oil in the skillet. Cook half the chicken in the reserved oil in skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to the slow cooker, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the broth and garlic to the reserved drippings in the skillet and cook 1 minute,, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet; pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 2 more hours.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to a serving platter, and pour the juices from the slow cooker through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Skim the fat from the juices. Serve immediately with chicken and potatoes.