Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Leg Quarters
- carrots or celery ribs
- 5 lb
- chicken leg quarters
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp
- sweet smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 12 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 lb
- fingerling gold potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary, for garnish
How to Make Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1Place carrots or celery in a single layer in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- 2Remove the skin from the chicken and trim fat. Stir together the rosemary, paprika, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken.
- 3Saute garlic in 3 taglespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon; reserve the oil in the skillet. Cook half the chicken in the reserved oil in skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to the slow cooker, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 4Add the broth and garlic to the reserved drippings in the skillet and cook 1 minute,, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet; pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- 5Toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 2 more hours.
- 6Transfer chicken and potatoes to a serving platter, and pour the juices from the slow cooker through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Skim the fat from the juices. Serve immediately with chicken and potatoes.