Robert's Chicken and Rice Casserole
- cut-up fryer chicken, floured, and pan-browned)
- 10-1/2 ounce cans of campbell’s chicken gravy
- 10-3/4 ounce campbell’s (condensed) cream of chicken soup
- 14 ounce cans of swanson’s (100% natural) chicken broth
- 2 c
- cups of mahatma basmati (aged imported enriched indian fragrant rice)
- 2 Tbsp
- wyler’s instant chicken flavor (granules) bouillon
How to Make Robert's Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1Slow-boiled the fryer chicken, allow it to cool and de-bone it.
- 2In a large mixing bowl with a spatula, empty the contents of the cans of Chicken Gravy and cans of Cream of Chicken Soup, mix thoroughly with spatula (a whisk will work fine too but I do without). Add one-half can of Chicken Broth and mix thoroughly. Add one-half of one can of Chicken Broth and mix thoroughly. Add one more half a can of Chicken Broth and mix thoroughly. (This may sound impossible/wrong/not needed but it is easier to produce the required consistency without “slopping”). Add rice. (Regular rice may also be used.)
- 3With the measuring cup empty the remaining one-half can of Chicken Broth and add Bouillon (granules) and place in Microwave oven for 45 seconds. Remove from Microwave and stir. Slowing pour bouillon into mixing bowl and leave small particles of bouillon out of mix, and mix thoroughly.
- 4Using a cutting board and knife, slice/dice to required/desired size ALL de-boned chicken and add to mixing bowl. Slowly mix thoroughly.
- 5Generously spray 5L Anchor Hocking Glass Baking/Casserole Pan with Pam (I like butter flavored), and slowing and evenly pour entire (using spatula) contents of mixing bowl into the Casserole Pan. The need to evenly distribute the mix WILL BE required. Cover Casserole Pan with foil, I always place shiny side down.
- 6In pre-heated oven, @ 350°F, place in center shelf foil covered Casserole Pan. On the bottom shelf of oven I have a free sheet of aluminum foil to protect from boil-over. Cook @ 350°F for 3-1/2 hours.
- 7**Casserole can sit covered with foil for 20-30 minutes before serving as it WILL BE hot.**