Roasted Sticky Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspcayenne pepper
1 tsponion powder
1 tspwhite pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1onion cut in eighths
How to Make Roasted Sticky Chicken
- You need to start this the night before serving.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours.
- After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices.
- The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown.
- If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
- Variation: Get a lemon or two, use a fork and poke them full of holes, and put them in the chicken cavity.
- Roast as usual.