Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Breasts
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper
1 tspgarlic pepper
1 tspliquid smoke flavoring
1 1/2 citalian bread crumbs (i make my own)
1 croasted red pepper spread (i make my own)
1/2 ccheese, shredded
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Breasts
- Beat eggs in bowl and add smoke flavoring. In another bowl put bread crumbs.
- With chicken layed out, sprinkle both sides with seasoning mixture then dip in egg wash then crumbs. Set aside.
- When all chicken is prepared, put into large skillet with prepared oil. Make sure oil is hot enough before putting chicken in but not burning. Cook until lightly golden brown on each side then remove to drain. Let set about 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooling, slice onions thin and cook in
remaining oil. Spread red pepper spread over each chicken breast.
- When onions are carmelized, drain and put over chicken breasts. Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take out of oven and let sit about 10 minutes.
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Makes about 5 (8 oz) half pints
You will need:
6 lb red bell peppers (about 14 medium)
1 lb Italian plum tomatoes (about 5 medium)
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 small white onion
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
5 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1.) ROAST red peppers, tomatoes, garlic and onion under a broiler or on a grill at 425°F,
turning to roast all sides, until tomatoes and peppers are blistered, blackened and softened
and garlic and onion are blackened in spots. Remove from heat.
2.) PLACE pepper and tomatoes in paper bags, secure opening and let cool about 15 minutes.
Allow garlic and onion to cool. Peel garlic and onion. Finely chop garlic. Set aside. Finely
chop onion, measuring 1/4 cup. Set aside. Peel and seed peppers and tomatoes. Place peppers and tomatoes in a food processor or blender, working in batches, and process until smooth.
3.) PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use.
Do not boil. Set bands aside.
4.) COMBINE pepper and tomato puree, garlic, onion, vinegar, basil, sugar and salt in a
large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens and mounds
on a spoon, about 20 minutes.
5.) LADLE hot spread into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on
jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
6.) PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars
and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center