Roasted/Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
It is also great to take the roasted chicken and toss them on the grill for a few minutes!!!!
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson
- chicken drumsticks (approximately 3 pounds total weight)
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, bruised and skins removed
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp
- maldon salt, sea salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup (add more if desired)
- all spices are really left to your desired taste!!
How to Make Roasted/Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- 1Place the chicken drumsticks in a large freezer bag, and add the buttermilk and 1/4 cup of oil.
- 2Add the bruised garlic cloves to the bag with the crushed peppercorns and salt.
- 3Sprinkle in the ground cumin and finally add the maple syrup, and then squish everything in the freezer bag around to mix the marinade and coat the chicken.
- 4Leave the buttermilk marinated chicken in the fridge ideally overnight or out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- 5Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Take the chicken pieces out of the bag shaking off the excess marinade, and then arrange them in a roasting tin lined with foil.
- 6Drizzle over the 2 remaining tablespoons of oil, and then roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until brown, even scorched in parts, and juicily cooked through.
- 7I love to take the roasted chicken and place them on the grill for a few minutes just to give them some charring and that great charcoal pizzazz!!!