★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 lb
- roaster chicken free range
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery stalk
- sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp
- herbes de provence
- 1 Tbsp
- lipton onion soup mix
- olive oil
How to Make Roasted citrus and herbed chicken
- 1Take the chicken and put in a roasting pan after rinsing and patting dry. salt and peeper the whole bird inside and out. Mix the soup mix and the herb provence together spread all over chicken .
- 2Cut the celery , carrot ,onion , orange and lemon in half . Juice the citrus all over bird stuff then stuff citrus in cavity as well as the other halved veggies. Make sure chicken is breast side up and drizzle with oil.
- 3•Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
•Roast whole chicken for 20 minutes per pound, plus an additional 15 minutes. When internal temp reaches 180 it should be done.
- 4Take out of oven when cooking time is done and let rest for about 15 minutes.