Roasted Chinese Five Spice Chicken
My Uncle Ben's Ginger Rice and Sauteed Romaine with Oyster go well with the chicken.
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- chinese five spice powder
- 3 1/2 lb
- chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large
- onion, cut into 16 wedges
How to Make Roasted Chinese Five Spice Chicken
- 1In a large bowl, combine pressed garlic, salt, olive oil, five-spice powder and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover and chill at least an hour or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
Arrange onion wedges in a 13"x9"x2" roasting pan. Place chicken, skin side up, over the onions. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes or so. Transfer chicken and onions to a platter and serve.