Roasted chicken with bacon and sweet paprika
- one orange
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- one chicken, patted dry with paper towels, about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds
- 4 ounces bacon, about four strips
How to Make Roasted chicken with bacon and sweet paprika
- 1preheat oven to 400°. Finely grate the zest of the orange into a bowl. Stir in the paprika, salt and pepper.
- 2Rub the oil all over the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle some of the paprika mixture into the cavity. Rub the remaining mixture all over the bird. You'll know you've done a good job if your hand begins to redden. And thrust the fruit deep into the cavity of the bird.
- 3Transfer the chicken to a rack set over a roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes, basting with any pan juices occasionally. Crisscross the bacon over the breasts. Continue to roast until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before carving. Serves four.