Roasted Chicken Marsala
3-4 lbroasting chicken (or 10-12 bone-in chicken thighs)
1 bunchfresh thyme sprigs
1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cmarsala wine
1 Tbspeach olive oil and marsala wine
6small potatoes, quartered
2onions, cut into large chunks
1bulb garlic, separated and peeled
How to Make Roasted Chicken Marsala
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry chicken, removing giblets. Place fresh thyme sprigs inside cavity and place chicken, breast side up, in roasting pan with shallow sides.
- Pour chicken broth and marsala over entire chicken. Place chicken on lower-middle rack. Baste ever 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix vegetables, oil and marsala well. After second basting (30 minutes of cooking time), arrange vegetables around chicken.
- Continue basting chicken and stirring vegetales every 15 minutes for 1 more hour. (total cooking time 1 1/2 hours). Remove to a serving platter and cover with foil.
- NOTE: If using bone-in chicken thighs, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and bake as directed above for 1 1/2 hours.