Roasted Chicken Marsala
- 3-4 lb
- roasting chicken (or 10-12 bone-in chicken thighs)
- 1 bunch
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp
- each olive oil and marsala wine
- small potatoes, quartered
- onions, cut into large chunks
- bulb garlic, separated and peeled
How to Make Roasted Chicken Marsala
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry chicken, removing giblets. Place fresh thyme sprigs inside cavity and place chicken, breast side up, in roasting pan with shallow sides.
- 2Pour chicken broth and marsala over entire chicken. Place chicken on lower-middle rack. Baste ever 15 minutes.
- 3In large bowl, mix vegetables, oil and marsala well. After second basting (30 minutes of cooking time), arrange vegetables around chicken.
- 4Continue basting chicken and stirring vegetales every 15 minutes for 1 more hour. (total cooking time 1 1/2 hours). Remove to a serving platter and cover with foil.
- 5NOTE: If using bone-in chicken thighs, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and bake as directed above for 1 1/2 hours.