Roasted Balsamic Chicken
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
1/4 cfresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/4 cdijon mustard (i used country dijon because that's what i had - i'm sure any kind would be fine.)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspfreshly ground pepper
1/2 colive oil
1chicken, cut up (i actually used 2 breasts and 8 thighs because that's what my family likes.)
1 Tbspflat leaf parsley, chopped (i just sprinkled dry parsley flakes on the chicken before cooking))
1 tspgrated lemon zest (i omitted this)
How to Make Roasted Balsamic Chicken
- Place chicken pieces in large baking pan. Be sure not to over-crowd the chicken.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then whisk in the oil. Pour over the chicken pieces and coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day turning every couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast uncovered for approximatly 45 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Skim the fat off the top of the sauce that remains in the pan. Put the sauce in a sauce pan and cook on low to reduce to half - about 8 minutes. (I just put the roasting pan on top of the stove on low heat and reduced in the pan - anything not to dirty another pot.)
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and top with parsley and lemon zest.
- NOTE: I sprinkled parsley flakes on the chicken before roasting. And I didn't use the lemon zest because my family isn't a fan.